Sunday 16 December 2012

DIY Moisturising and Strengthening Conditioner

I didn't really measure any ingredients so what i've wrote is just estimates.

Honey is great for moisturising hair, and my hair LOVES it.
Coconut oil isn't a protein but it does help hold protein within the hair and its molecules are small enough to get into the hair cortex and help strengthen it.

I started with some old conditioner which needed using up. I used about a quater of a bottle. I then added about 6 tablespoons of honey. I heated up about 2 tablespoons of coconut oil to make it into a liquid and added it to the previous ingredients. I whisked it all up to make it really smooth and light.


This is the result:
Honey and Coconut oil conditioner


I loved it, the feel of it was so nice and it smelt amazing.

You can leave it on your hair for 10 minutes - a night. Try it and see what happens. I actually made far too much so put the remander in a tub and put it in the fridge to use the next day.

4 comments:

  1. great blog but you stated that coconut oil is full of protein and that is not true. the oil itself contains no protein but it does work with the protein in our hair

    ReplyDelete
  2. DIY moisturizing and strengthening cream is shown on the post her. Have a look at it
    Hair Removal

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love diys like this :) have posted something similar.. X

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

© Mixed Beauty, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena